What is psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a form of one to one therapy, which is concentrated specifically on you, your experiences, your thoughts/feelings and getting you where you want to be in your life. The aim of psychotherapy is to allow you to:
- Develop an awareness of patterns which are causing you difficulties in your life and/or relationships.
- Interact with those patterns in new and more helpful ways.
- Understand and heal, the source of these patters.
Who is psychotherapy for and what is my approach?
Psychotherapy is for EVERYONE. People usually come to therapy, to find happiness, peace or to get a handle on patterns of behaviours/habits which are causing them discomfort or just not serving them.
I am an integrative psychotherpaist. This means that I draw on differing approaches of psychotherapy in order to offer a tailored experience to each client, which meets their specific and unique needs. My therapeutic practice is embedded in the humanistic existential and psychodynamic approaches and influenced by cognitive behavioural and solution focused practice.
In our therapy sessions, I will work with you, to understand, from your perspective, what brought you to me in the first place. I believe that you are the expert in your life. In sessions with clients, I like to do three things:
- Understand the current situation which brought you to therapy and what your goals for therapy are.
- Explore your past to gain an understanding of your childhood and any significant events and how they may have been carried forward into your adult life.
- At this point, I like to take a solution focused approach and collaborate with you to discover how you might realise your goals. Sometimes, this happens organically through our sessions together.
I am non-judgemental, approachable and truly curious about all my clients, with a deep desire to empower and support.
Finding the right therapist for you, can take time and you might need to kiss a few frogs before you find the right one for you. Contact me today to see if I am the frog for you!